Craig Arend for New York Magazine's The Cut
Grazia IT by Nam
Frances (Happy Because), Leandra (Man Repeller) and Me on The Nordstrom Blog
Waiting for a cab outside the Mulberry Party.
Photo by Frances Davison
The NYC Streets
Street FSN by Nam
Photo by Frances Davison
Guerre for Marie Claire USA
I really enjoyed my trip to NYC for Fashion Week this season. The weather was fabulous, I had my trusty partner in crime Frances Davison with me, and the shows were great.
My favourite shows were definitely...
- Cynthia Rowely (would have worn every single piece that went down the catwalk, so rare for me)
- Tibi (happy happy happy)
- Tory Burch (best location and general show)
- Diesel Gold (mega models and metallics make me happy)
- Nanette Lepore (colourful fun and live music)
I will do illustrations and catwalk notes as soon as I can, so you can see what I mean.
The atmosphere at NYFW is so different to LFW. I think the great weather helps, but also the people are very different, I love the dressed up vibe in NYC (London is so much more casual cool), I think because I love fancy pants outfits, any excuse to make the most of my wardrobe. It made for a wonderful change, although I cant say I wasn't excited to see my wonderful bed in London.
NYFW this season fell over the 10th anniversary of 9/11. The city was so respectful. The safety measures did everyone involved credit, and I felt there was a general feeling of survival, community and healing. Frances even wore an USA flag dress for the day!
I also attended the Mulberry 40th Anniversary Party while in NYC, which was so much fun, Kasabian played a full set, everything was decorated with Mulberry Bag Balloons and I got a balloon peony bracelet made for me to take home... now what more could a girl ask for?!
People always ask what places are on your hit list when you visit different cities, so incase you were interested here are my must sees for NYC...
- Pat Fields Shop on Bowery
- Bubby's Dinner Tribeca (great ethos and the best fried chicken ever!)
- Manolo Blahnik (by the MoMa, nicest sales peeps ever! Plus they stock differently to London)
- Sushi Samba for the Neon Tokyo Roll (don't hate me ok?!)
- Bergdorf Goodmans (obvi)
- Stubbs and Wootton
- Tasti D Lite (butterscotch withe rainbow sprinkles please)
- Fred's at Barneys (Chopped Chicken Salad rocks)
- Bond No. 9 (well might as well have sniff around - please note the pun)
- The Greenwich Hotel and its Locanda Verde yumminess
- The Zoo, MoMa, The Met, and The Frick Collection (I didn't make it to any of them this trip - booo)
- Century 21 (I am always in the mood for a bargain)
I want to thank all the lovely people that made my trip extra special!
Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!
I hope I will be back soon, to make the most of NYC not just run in and out of shows.
I didn't want to bore you all with a load of street style here by check the Press page for more details if you are interested in my other outfits.
Also check out my Tumblr and Twitter for my up to the date news from New York Fashion Week, London Fashion Week and soon Paris Fashion Week.